<$BlogRSDURL$>
wellingtonist

Thursday, May 25, 2006

we've moved to wellingtonista.com
head over there for the latest stuff. cheers.

So. Very. Tired.

This weekend has many things on. I suggest trying them all and seeing how you go.

Watch the Super 14 final (featuring our own, beloved, Hurricanes) while boogieing/shaking/pogoing to Disasteradio/Rhombus/The Eggs. Oh and while you're at it, come up with a random short film on Friday night and have it written, shot and edited by 7pm Sunday.

I'm not going to be so ambitious. I'm just going to be doing the latter.

Here's my plan:

On Friday night I'm going to replace all the blood in my body with pure, uncut caffeine. After the initial jolt ("I can see through time"), Mike and I will sit down and write a script. The next day some suckers actors will convene on set and begin to read the bullshit flowing prose that Mike and I penned at, like, 4am. Then Sunday the editors take over and complete our vision.

This is how it worked last year and we ended up with a film that had the immortal line: "Is that dog wearing a bra?", and just so you know, yes it was. This year we are WAY more planned. Ha!

I'm interested if any of you out there in internet land are participating and if so where and what's your team name. Ours is something to do with Sponge Monkeys.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: Our musician has pulled out at the last minute due to a prior commitment, are there any professional (or otherwise) musos out there who are keen to forgo sleep for a(nother) weekend? If so, drop me a line

About

The Wellingtonista is a blog about Wellington - New Zealand's capital.
Publisher:
Natalie Biz
Editor:
James Guthrie
Contributors:
Andrew Llewellyn
Alan Macdougall
Joanna McLeod
Tom Beard
Hadyn Green
Emily Walker
Jessie Scoullar

xhtml | css

Creative Commons License

GeoURL